In Feb my horses ate contaminated food. It’s still a process ahead of us before the final settlement is in place and I can move forward.
I guess there’s a game played when dealing with insurances where one becomes accused and placed in the ‘ guilty chair’.
I must admit that I find the process quite entertaining at times.
So let me tell you one of the stories.
A while back, Pro, our little Shetland got really bad, his stomach was bloated, his respiration rate really high and he was sweating. I was convinced he was dying. It didn’t look like normal colic , but pain related.
Pro is a little pony who lost all muscle tissue in front due to the contaminated food.
A while prior to the incident I had requested he should be put down, and had asked for a specific equine specialist to be present , but never received a response.
Only until a few days prior to the incident they informed me that I needed to contact my normal vet and have him put down myself.
Then I receive an email that they have arranged someone who will come out and put him down the following day (this was Thursday 14.00) and he was scheduled to be put down by their vet of choice 10.00, together with the independent vet firm who does consultancy work for the food company every 3 weeks ( I was told by one of their workers) as he was in Maputo that day and could do an autopsy.
Given the short notice I refused as I had promised my students as well as my daughter that they would have a chance to say goodbye.
So I receive an email stating they withdraw all prior commitments.
Now, why is that?
To try to force me in to agreeing?
So many times have I been placed in situations where I am attempted to be crushed and cornered in to completely unreasonable situations.
Now to get back to the Pro story.
Last week I asked to see the results of which the insurance vet report was based upon, and if they could not share this with me, at least the one’s which they had noted down as ‘ to retire’, so I could have my specialist have a look at it and make a decision who may stand a better chance then others, to hopefully find adoptive homes for them.
So this week , started with me receiving an response to my email asking to see the results, which explained how they had tried to help me put down Dimple ( by final vet report he is in cardiac failure ) after I had sent them heart breaking emails about how bad he was and later on refused having him put down.
Dimple…?? Dimple…?? No, it was not Dimple ( trying to indicate I am cruel keeping him alive so long? ) But you got them mixed up, it wasn’t Dimple who was nearly forcedly put down, it was It Pro!
Before trying to twist things in to being my fault, please be sure that you don't mix uo the horses .. and don't forget I was not the one who contamianted my horses feed!